Friday, January 25, 2008

Blogging from San Francisco


Up in San Fran this weekend for Jenn's grad school interview at UCSF. It's yet another crappy rainy day. Not the best day for interviews. Also Jenn has caught some kind of cold from hell and is not feeling well at all. Despite jet lag, bad weather, and a cold, I just got a call and her first interview went very well. Here's a picture of Jenn heading into UCSF for her interview.
I know that I shouldn't complain about the weather out here. The temp is not too bad. But it's rained like every day but 2 since I have been here (3 weeks now). Not really a drizzle or sprinkle, but pretty much constant down pour. Doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon.

In other news, my apartment is about 99% set up now. Just need to get a few more things for the kitchen. I assembled my desk monday night. Had a work party tuesday, left thursday afternoon for SF. I return to SF sunday night and leave tuesday am for providence and boston for 10days. So not much time to actually relax there. I'll get a whole two weeks back in SLO before heading to DC for a few days. Here's a link to the apt picts.
http://picasaweb.google.com/todd.meaney/Apartment

Last picture in the set shows my new cali license plates. I feared the trip to the DMV. I think it might have been bad in a big city, but SLO is very small and everyone is extremely nice. Paper work and process wasn't too bad. Just expensive. $50 to get my car "smogged" then $150 in reg fees, then I think I have a tax bill coming. I will say for those who think CA has very strict vehicle and registration laws, it's nothing like mass. The guy who "smogged" my car looked at my most recent inspection docs from MA. He was like "wow, we don't do anything like that here!" The next step is to get a CA license. Requires more $$$ and I have to take a written test. We'll see how that goes when I get back from boston.

At some point I'll post the rest of the cross country trip picts.

1 comment:

Toffee said...

Looking forward to seeing you in Beantown. Please do not bring rain, though. = )