Tuesday, March 4, 2008

SLO-SFO-IAD-BOS-DEN-SFO-SLO

Just got back from a week long trip to DC, Boston, and Denver. A productive 7 days but felt much longer. Spent my birthday in a smoky hotel in Virginia working my @$$ off.  I won't go into detail, but my birthday in Boston was far better. Started when I got to see Jenn late on wednesday after a 2 hour flight delay. We met at a bar after work on thursday and to my surprise she had a present for me. I thought it was from her, but turns out my mom overnighted fresh baked cookies to Jenn's work. Thanks mom and Jenn! The cookie were great! Oddly enough I don't have a picture of the cookies, but I do have one of personal sized cake Jenn got me. 
Friday night was a self planned surprise party at Beacon Hill Pub in Boston. it was a great time with a lot of great friends. For some reason didn't have the camera on me. Maybe I learned my lesson after my going away party or maybe I just forgot it. 

The celebration continued with Dinner at Zen near government center. 
The plan was to head back to SLO on sunday night. But nothing ever goes as planned especially when United can add several hours of delays and make me sit b!tch for 7 hours. So it was on to a quick stop in Denver for a meeting (if anyone needs an excellent company for PCB manufacturing and assembly, let me know). On the upside, the views from the plane were very nice. On a map it always looks like the rocky's are a single line of mountains. After flying over snow capped peaks for over an hour, you get the idea that it's a very big range. 
 
Had a good trip with no delays for the 55 min flight from SFO to SLO. Had time to grab a few pictures of the sunset. 
It's nice to be back in SLO, but wish the I could have had dinner with my family (last I check predicting 12" of snow when 4" falls is an error of 75%. Weathermen still get paid. I pay 25% of my rent and I get kicked out... WTF!).  And of course I miss...

BTW, if anyone knows a better way to blog other than using google's stock web interface please let me know. I have 24" screen and can only use about 5" of it to compose a blog. Importing pictures make me want to cry...

Coming later this week. My new Roomba, how does it work (Thanks mom and Dad!). Ski trip picts to Sierra Summit, and maybe a book review. 


4 comments:

Todd said...

Why don't the picture blow up when I click on them?

Unknown said...

Have you tried something like ecto?

http://infinite-sushi.com/software/ecto/

It's not perfect, but it beats the hell out of the typepad editor...

Well worth the $7 or whatever they charged me for it. Not that I've actually published a blog entry in two months or anything.

Anonymous said...

IAD sucks!!! (sorry, had to get that out of my system)

Nice turboprop picture.

Toffee said...

My mom apologizes for not seeing you at your self planned surprise party; she had a very late night at work.